Hi! I am a registered dietitian and farmer. I started my dietetic career 10 years ago and worked in various settings including community nutrition, private practice and clinical. During my studies and while in the field, I found such a big disconnect between agriculture and nutrition. For my graduate degree I studied sustainable food systems, and then my husband and I eventually moved to central Virginia and started our farm Olive Branch Gardens.
Olive Branch Gardens
- Olive Branch Gardens is the farm that myself and my husband started in 2021.
- We sell seasonal vegetables and microgreens to our community in and around Charlottesville Virginia.
- We cultivate on 1/2 acre and use organic methods that include cover crops, no spray, creating compost and growing benifical plants and flowers.
- I am originally from New York (born and raised), but LOVE living in Central Virginia. I am here with my husband, daughter, 2 dogs, 1 cat, 2 pet pot bellied pigs and lots of chickens
- When I am not spending time with my family or on the farm, I love to go on long hikes (though that has been more challenging since my daughter, so now we go on fun strolls), or read. My favorite genre is historical fiction.
- My favorite things to eat include vegetable pizza, chocolate chip cookies and good local beer
- Bachelor of Science in dietetics from Long Island University
- Masters of Science in Sustainable Food Systems from Green Mountain College
- Author: of Kitchen Confidence: Improve your Health, Save Money, Waste Less
- Created and Facilitated a webinar for The Integrative and Functional Nutrition Academy titled: Environmental Nutrition: The role of the nutrition practitioner
- Speaker at the Virginia Biological Farming Association Environmental Nutrition: Symbiotic Relationship between our Diets and Planetary Health